Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pharaoh, Pharaoh!

We are studying Pharaoh this week and the 10 Plagues.  I have always found this story a little daunting trying to keep all of the information straight, but the curriculum we are using has them act out each plague and I found a coloring page for them to use to color each plague as well.  We all ended up having a blast and I couldn't believe how well everyone remembered the information!

We started off by them making play-doh bricks and building Pharaoh's city walls while I was telling them the story.




Then we acted out each of the plagues.

1.  We turned water into . . . 


blood.


2.  We had an infestation of frogs!



3.  We were covered in lice.
(He's REAL sick, huh!)



4.  We had swarms of flies


5.  Our cattle died.


6.  We got boils.


7.  We had a marshmallow "hail" storm
(Yes, they have on pajamas and are eating marshmallows!  I just figured they have longer in the day to burn off those calories!)


8.  We had an attack of locusts.


9.  We had to navigate in complete darkness.
(Yes, still in jammies!)


10.  And of course the kids loved the blood on the doorways from the first born children!
(Emma Ann was quite intrigued that Pharaoh would have little one's killed.  She has talked about it non-stop!)


What a fun way to explore such great story from the bible!
I love seeing their little minds not only understand God's word, but also enjoy it!

0 comments: