Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Sunday, January 19, 2014

It's that time again, yep the dreaded haircut, finally!

My poor, poor boy!  My heart melted for him over and over during this hour long experience, yep a whole hour of fighting and holding down and pleading and begging and bribing and threatening and loving his little heart.  EXHAUSTING!  I actually had neighbors ask the next day what was going on!  So Sad.  He truly can not help himself, it's as if he goes insane for the duration and then when it's over he is in this tranquilized like zombie state.  It is almost not worth it but his hair is so thick, slightly wavy, lot's of cow licks and just plain unruly!  I have told myself that over time it would get better, not so much.  And the worst part is that this all started when everything else started for him.  Around 18 months-2 years, no more haircuts or getting his hair washed, no more doctors and his appetite drastically changed.  He is still hungry as ever, but the food that he would eat drastically declined.  Before then he had lot's of very pleasurable (for everyone) easy going haircuts!  First we stopped going to places of business to get his haircut because I thought I would repay them by never visiting again and instead going only to friends houses that cut hair.  After my friend and I literally sat on top of him and held him down in the floor while he was in almost convulsions and the next client sat their at the kitchen table tried to sip her coffee and not leave all for this little boy to get a trim, I decided to hang that up as well.  I had always said that I would learn to do anything.  Make bread, sew, tend chickens, use cloth diapers, make my on cleaning products; anything to make my family healthier and save us money; but never would I cut hair.  It's just not my thing.  Well I quickly realized that I would have to rethink the plan and add haircutting into my list of skills (er, things that I do but maybe not so well).  I even started cutting Robert's hair!  It's beats him having to go to the barber shop every single Sunday afternoon and spend $10 and an hour plus of our afternoon family time.  

So back to my little one, still a no go on the haircut and I just tried to do the best job I could do while Robert attempted to hold him still and by the way our clippers are not working here with the change in electrical voltage so I had to do the whole thing with my scissors.

Before the traumatizing.


I think he even has a rat tail starting to grow!


And after the torture.  Poor thing.  I just wanted to hold him for a million years and make it all better.


And the back, and yes there might be a large chunk of hair missing.  I never said that I do this hair cutting thing well!


Until next time, I will be praying for a miracle.  

2 comments:

Vickie Ledford said...

He sure is handsome and getting so big. Tell him we miss him and love him.

"GG" said...

OK, I have a plan, next time give him a sedative and then shave it, the haircut will last much longer.