Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Visit with Rita and Caroline

My dear friend Rita and her daughter, Caroline came for a visit today and it couldn't have been a more perfect day!  They arrived at lunch time and I prepared this little smorgasboard for them for a special lunch. I saw the idea on a blog that I read and thought it was so cute!  The kids loved it too!  Rita brought us home-made chicken salad and home-made bread that her Mom made us.  Sooo Delicious!  



We had to go stop and visit the new baby goats!





How cute!  They were all peering in at the baby goats!
I made this super hero cape for Caroline and the kids gave it to her for her birthday.  
It's just a smidgen late because her birthday is in September!
Caroline was so cute when they gave it to her, she said, oh no thank-you.  It's not my birthday yet!
You know it's late when they are already thinking on their next birthday coming up!


Evie Kaye feeding the bunnies.


And another ride on the tractor.


Such sweet friends. 


They had a blast playing on these huge sawdust piles.
The only problem was they were covered with sawdust from head to toe and in EVERY nuck and cranny of their body!


"X" marks the spot!


Rita and I and all the kiddo's


The kids needed a snack after all of that hard playing!


Rita stayed around and helped us get ready for family pictures that evening.
What a help.  She help dress children and fix kids hair!


Rita and I have been friends since kindergarten.  That's quite a few years if you add that up!  We have been through so much together.  All of life's up's and down's.  All of those crazy teenage years, college years, marriages, sicknesses, the death of both of our fathers and the interesting life with children!  I am going to miss her desperately and am working on her fear of flying so that she can fly over and visit!

1 comments:

rita and andy said...

laughing through the tears at the last line...maybe just maybe you will get me on a plane sister! only for you!!!