Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Goodbye's


Well it was finally the day for our departure and of course we were running around still trying to get things sorted at the last minute!  We finally got on the road and stopped for some lunch first.
We stopped by for a good lunch and a few games at Cracker Barrel before our flight. 
The kids enjoying a game of checkers with MiMi.


And here we are at the airport with Robert, I, three children, 3 carseats, a double stroller, 13 checked bags, 7 carry-ons and all of our jackets!  Quite a large hall!

Ethan Jay ready to go!


And so is Evie Kaye!


Our send-off troop!
Ethan Jay couldn't pay attention for the picture because he just had to have his car seat to sit in like his sisters.
Do you see Emma Ann in the picture.  She was out!


Ethan Jay happy as a lark!


Evie Kaye not so happy with her seat.
Emma Ann STILL out!


Ethan Jay, more than happy to help out the airline clerks!



So sweet!


A ride with Papa T.


Even though it was blurry, this was just too cute to leave out!


Amazed at all the planes.


I think someone is excited!


So, I did really well, up until now.  All the business of checking and making sure we had all the bags and all the kids!  But when I got through security and turned back and waved good-bye to my Mom and the rest of our family, it all too very quickly sank in.  This was it.  I very quickly found myself crumbling, right there in the Charleston Airport.  So many emotions flooding over me all at once.  And what I have learned to do best, is to grab my brood up, along with all the bags and push all those feelings aside (for now) and move on with the busyness of the moment.  Forcing myself to not think of all of those thoughts and replace them with others to change my focus on what has to get done at that moment:  finding the gate, not drop anything, don't loose any children, potty breaks, diaper change, getting a drink with a lid (you can't hold one of those airplane cups and a 22 month old at one time and not be wearing half of the drink!) and of course some gum, oh and did I mention, making it ALL onto the plane on time!  So we are finally off and on to our grand adventure!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe all that I have missed! I miss you guys!!! We need to catch up :)