Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Oxford

We had a very unexpected detour in down-town Oxford on our way home from Croughton.  We were exhausted, and completely at our wits end, but we somehow still managed to have quite an enjoyable visit for a few hours.  We drove down by the college which was beautiful and then parked downtown.  Robert had went to go do and errand (such a long story) and the kids and I were sitting in a car park waiting on him to get back.  Emma Ann, of course, decides that she must go potty right at that moment.    So I get the kids all ready, no one had on shoes, meanwhile begging Emma Ann not to go potty in her pants, walk up two flights of stairs out of the car park and then find a restroom.  More exhaustion.  That could possibly be part of the reason why I ended up leaving my wallet in the bathroom.  I didn't know it  though until we had gotten all the way home, some 3 hours away!  Anyways, after the potty break, the kids and I walked downtown until we found Robert and then we found somewhere to eat.


The city was quite beautiful.  These pictures don't do it justice.  I had left my camera in the car and was using my phone.



We came upon one of Jamie Oliver's restaurants and wanted to eat there, but there was going to be a little bit of a wait so we decided to go find somewhere else, it was already so late and we still had quite a bit of a drive ahead of us.


We found another great little italian restaurant and the food was AMAZING!  
We couldn't have had a better experience.


This one was actually taken from the car window as we were driving.  But it was just so beautiful.


So then off for home, only 3 hours away and cranky, tired kids!
Did I mention that we were moving into our house the next morning!
CRAZY!

0 comments: