Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 3 ~ Hadrian's Wall

We headed back into England today, well just across the border to go and see part's of Hadrian's Wall.  It was quite an eventful day as you will read below, but still overall a good one.



We passed (not crossed, thank goodness!) a real ford!


And here we are at Hadrian's Wall, so cool!!!


There it is!  We learned a lot of history behind the wall today and it was so interesting.
What an amazing piece of history!


Momma holding her breath!


Our first stop was at Birdoswald Roman Fort.  All along the wall was different forts or look out towers.  They had the coolest activities for kids and Dad's!  They dressed up as warriors and even went through a little warrior training class!



Notice the little one in pink!


And then they were knighted (I believe!) by the leader!





Yep, more sheep just roaming freely.  Somebody (Robert) rolled the stroller right through a giant pile of cow poo.  Didn't see them, but they had sure been there!


And yet again holding my breath and praying!


Love this one!


A look back at the fort, well, what is still standing of it.


Me and my cuties!


On we went along the wall down to Chester's Fort.  
As soon as we got there the kids joined in to an reenactment that they were doing!  I love that Emma Ann was so eager to do it all!


They learned different skills and Emma Ann did great with hiding behind her shield, her whole body fit!


Then they went over and dug for some artifacts!


And this is the last picture of my whole, complete, unhurt little girl.  
Keep reading.


So while this picture was being taken, this Momma was trying to avoid a melt down.  
Evie Kaye had been somewhere up there by Ethan Jay and she was coming over to us and stepped off of that concrete walk in the back and literally split her head open!  I was there by her side within one step of her and I picked her up and it was as if someone had taken a knife and cut her head open right about the hairline.  I knew that it was going to be bad and I immediately turned and handed her off to Robert and by that time the blood was gushing out of her head!  Every inch of me did not want to let her go, but I knew that Robert had more medical training and could make a better judgement call.  So I sent him inside with her and I stayed with the other kids.  I don't think that I have ever been so panicked in all of my life.  I'm trying to keep it together for the kids and meanwhile I have no clue what is going on with Evie Kaye inside.  Finally, literally the longest 10 minutes of my life, Robert comes out with her.  They are both covered in blood but she is conscious and alert and is doing okay but he says we need to take her in to the hospital.  So we load everyone up and make the drive over.

Her I am trying to be a good Momma and get this picture of Ethan Jay.  Poor thing he was so proud at this moment and I didn't want to miss this, but I was oh so worried.


My sweet Evie Kaye on the way to the hospital.


The hospital trip was not as bad as I had anticipated.  They had a small children's area so the kids could play with toys while we waited and there were only a few of us in there.  It still took almost three hours in there, but overall not bad.  They ended up gluing the front wound shut and leaving the one up in her hair alone.  They were worried it would affect her hair too much and they would probably have to cut some of her hair so they said they thought it was small enough to just leave it.  We just couldn't wash her hair for a few days, which was interesting because it had so much blood in it!  Anyways, she was such a little trooper.  They almost had to cut the original bandage out of her hair though and boy, this Momma wasn't too happy about that.  The nurse and I had both tried several times with no luck, but when she pulled those scissors out, this Momma was magically able to rip that thing out very quickly!  She didn't love having the wounds cleaned but when the nurse said that the glue would probably sting a lot, she didn't even flinch at all!  Praise Jesus that it was not completely traumatic!  So we set off for our little home and a lot of emotional and physical recovery time!

On the way home we passed by the most beautiful lake.  We all wanted to stop and stay awhile but it was getting late so we headed back to the campsite.




Oh, I just love this one!


And my little trooper!  These pictures make it look like a little scratch, but the glue kind of filled in the cut, so it looks a lot better than in did.


And here was the spot back in her hair.


Oh, what a day.  Our first E.R. trip with one of the kids.  Such an experience and an emotional rollercoster.  It's amazing how much your heart physically hurts for your children.


0 comments: