I had been wanting to head up to a mill near Robert's work for some time. We had planned on going today but had heard the weather was going to be bad and canceled it. Robert ended up having to work (yet again another Saturday!) but the weather was beautiful so I got the kids ready and surprised him by being at his work when he was done. We headed out and this was the road that we had to take to get there. I mean seriously, it was barely wide enough for our van, much less for us to pass by a car, but none the less it was rated as a dual carriage lane! So thankful that we actually didn't pass any cars going down it!
At the mill. It is actually still a real working water mill. They grind their own flour once a month using the water from this stream! I definitely want to make it back for one of the milling days.
They had lot's of local artwork and crafts for sale.
This was one of the original grinding stones!
They had the yummiest food. Robert had the fish and chips and I had this open roast beef sandwich with a red onion marmalade, on some of their homemade bread, delicious!
There was a small river that ran right by the mill and a long trail beside it that you could walk all the way to the beach on. Lot's of people were out walking on it or bike riding but the kids were done and so were my hips so we decided to pass. Besides it was 2 1/2 miles one way! But the kids loved throwing rocks into the river and I got some of the cutest pictures of Evie Kaye!
Such a sweet girl, growing up soooo quickly! Too quickly, really!












0 comments:
Post a Comment