Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Friday, December 20, 2013

Joshua Tree

I was still a little disappointed about the lack of Christmas decorations in our home and had heard about these cinnamon applesauce ornaments so the kids and I set off to bake some.  They smelled so delicious and turned out so cute and the house smells amazing!



We also had been doing the ornaments for a Joshua Tree.  I was so excited about it and the kids were loving it.  We were reading a bible verse and coloring a corresponding picture for each day in December leading up until Christmas.  What a neat family project were we ALL learned so much!

And you can't have a Joshua Tree without having a tree!  So, we headed down into the walking trails by our house to find a good one, hoping to not get arrested along the way!


Each of the kids had to carry a bucket to collect rocks in.  I had a pot to stick the tree into, but wanted some rocks to hold it up.  They did an amazing job and had all three buckets filled, but guess who had to carry the buckets back up!


Another view looking back up at our house.  You can see our chimney sticking up all the way on the right.



We have a winner!


And the ornaments were ready when we got back home!  They smelled so good, I really wanted to eat one!


Stringing the ornaments and all ready for our Christmas party.




Our beautiful Joshua Tree!







1 comments:

rita and andy said...

You seriously win Mother of the Year award!!! I am amazed at you!!!! As if the Christmas party for all those people were not enough...however, the tree reminded me a lot of our Charlie Brown Christmas trees!!!! Love you friend!