Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Monday, December 9, 2013

ASDA ~ England's Walmart ~ Well Almost!

So we had heard that there was a store that was sort of like a Wal-Mart and was actually owned by the same company.  So seeing as I was in desperate need of Christmas decorations, off we went.  
Much to my disappointment, the U.K. has not quite gotten Wal-mart down pat yet.  It was small with only 1/2 of an aisle devoted to Christmas, most of which was wrapping paper and tree ornaments.  Also the home goods section and clothing section was minuscule.  But, I will say, this store is massive compared to any other store that we have been in here so far, so I guess I am going to be grateful for what I have!  Anyways, the outside of the store is beautiful!  There is a little river that runs right in front of it and you walk across a little bridge to get from the parking lot to the store.  Super cute.  Also, strange happenings.  Just as we were walking up (infact, they might even be in the picture) we heard yelling and screaming up ahead.  It was a security officer and he was on his radio telling others that he had spotted the suspect and then all of the other security and other personnel proceed to chase this guy down through the parking lot and into the city.  CRAZY!  I heard that they caught the guy, so good for them!




0 comments: