These sweet girls had been preparing for this for months. They have worked really hard leading up to this. It hasn't always been easy, but they were super excited!
My sweet Evie Kaye was her usual shy and reserved self and it took a bit for her to come out of her shell but I feel like this has been such a good experience for her and she has grown so much and we are so proud of her!
My spunky Emma Ann, well, let's just say, the dance lessons were not a breeze for her. She was so excited about the lessons, but her strong willed self and her very demanding teacher did not fare so well together. I must admit that all of the other girls in the class had been taking dance for years and really got it and knew just what to do. It was a huge learning curve for her. Everything was so new to her and anytime she didn't quite get something, she would either melt or get upset and then she very quickly was told to leave the class. This broke this Momma's heart. In one breath she was so excited for this, it was everything that she wanted, but also she was really struggling in the class. I hated it for her but also hoped that this was helping her grow.
Then came the rehearsal. It was just a few hours before the actual event, and my sweet Evie Kaye did it, Yeah! We were so proud of how far she came. The little girl that used to would not leave my side, still hides behind my leg when meeting someone new and half the time didn't dance in class because she was too shy, did an amazing job on stage in front of hundreds of people!
And apparently, my little Me, Emma Ann, did not. She actually stood on the stage during the rehearsal and did NOTHING!!!! The parents were not allowed into the rehearsal so as the show would be a surprise so I just found out afterwards. I was so worried for her going into the actual recital. I prayed so desperately for her to have the courage, patience and discipline to do her work on that stage. The curtains raised, the music started and my little girl started to dance and did the whole thing. I was so beside myself. I had tears of pride and joy and love and relief pouring down my face.
So when it was all said and done, I gave it a few days to let things settle and then we brought the subject of dance up again. When asked if they wanted to do dance again after the Christmas break they both said No! I was quite relieved to be honest. I'm glad we stuck with it till the end, but thankful for them and myself not to be continuing on right now!
Their friends Honey and Joby came over to get ready at our house seeing that you could see the theatre from our kitchen window! Here they are practicing their last song, Frozen of course!
My beautiful bumblebee and flower!


0 comments:
Post a Comment