Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

You can't celebrate Thanksgiving without an Indian Headdress, which the kids loved making.  They even added some Native American Pictography to the bands which the kids thought was so cool!


Practicing some of our songs.


Love this!!! Practicing the taboo "10 little Indians" song and love to see them trying to get their fingers right as we sing the song!


And a yummy feast that I had to have my husband take the day off for!  Yes everyone else was happily at work for the day as we feasted on this scrumptiousness!


We of course had to have Andy and Amber join us!


He forgot to get on the Mayflower with the rest of the Pilgrims!


We also streamed in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and watched it!  No one here has ever heard of it before and Andy and Amber were quite impressed with all of the floats.  


This picture is awfully blurry, but I just had to include it.  I love the expression on both of their faces!


And after the excitement of the parade and while I was cleaning up the dishes and getting dessert set out, this is what I found.  Three sweet siblings having fun, playing quietly in the girls room.  Sometimes they are so sweet together and I am ever so thankful for how close in age they are (the other 75 % of the time, not!)



We also made these beautiful "stained glass" leaves to decorate for fall. 


Can you take a wild guess at who was Mr. OCD and had to separate all of his tissue paper into separate leaves!?!?  Gotta love my Ethan Jay!


Oh, the coveted leftover turkey sandwich, how I love thee!


And my sweet, spunky, crazy Ethan Jay at it again.  He used more of my skewers and tape (I think I may be running low!) to make a fall wreath with leaves that he had collected from outside.


We proudly hung this beauty on our door!


I had some heat and serve rolls for dinner and then we reheated them later on as a light supper.  Well, they might have gotten a smidgen bit too crispy in the oven and they turned more like rocks!  The baby loved chewing on them too!


And the two big kids of the house were playing catch with one of them!


Never a dull moment and so very thankful for each and every one of them!

0 comments: