It's no secret that all of our children have eclectic names. I'm betting that you only have to meet our family once and as you might not remember all of our children's names on the first meeting (because they're so many) you will definitely remember that each of the children are called by two names and that they each begin with the letter E. We hadn't always planned it like that but it just kind of evolved.
Starting with Ethan Jay. We had a few names that we really liked. We new that we wanted to use one of my Daddies names, either, Jay or Allen as his middle name. We had it narrowed down to two first names either Ethan or Thomas. We liked Ethan Allen but, well it is a paint store. I adored Thomas Jay but if you have ever seen the movie "My Girl," then you know and I realized that I could not name him after that sweet little boy. So we decided upon Ethan Jay when I was still just a few months pregnant with him. It made it even more important to me to have my Daddies name honored after he passed and for Ethan Jay to be called by both names and not just Ethan.
Along came Emma Ann. I always knew that our first daughter's middle name would be Ann. There is a long line of Ann's starting with my Grandma, Mildred Ann. Then my Mom, Gayle Ann and then me, Heather Ann. It's also special because Mrs. Linda's middle name is also Ann. So with the easy part over, we just had to decide upon a first name. We had lot's of names that we both like, Emma, Bella, Olivia and about 15 others. We finally had it narrowed down to Emma and Bella. We even had a name vote-off at the baby shower and still never came up with a decision. We also knew that if we chose Emma, we were going down the "E" route and there would be no turning back. I finally called Robert at work while I was in Michaels and wanted to pick up the wooden letters for her wall. He took a vote with the guys at work and they came up with Emma. So Emma Ann it was! And the "E" kids were officially born!
On to Evie Kaye. Somewhere we heard the name Evie and liked it. It also reminded me a lot of my Aunt EtreeVee because she often short hands her name by writing Evee. But we needed a middle name. We searched high and low down both sides of the family tree and found just the perfect sounding name, Kaye after Robert's Aunt Marilyn Kaye. Oh how the kids adore their MeMe and Papa T., so it was more than fitting for her to be called Evie Kaye.
So, onto Baby Wolf #4. Poor little fella. Everything about this pregnancy was much more laid back. We didn't even find out that he was a boy until I was 21 weeks pregnant. With all the others I found out between 12 and 14 weeks. Then I went 3 months without seeing my mid-wife here in England. She just said that things were good and unless I had any concerns she wouldn't be seeing me as often seeing that it was my fourth little one and I knew what to look out for. And then she only saw me every four weeks and then at the end every two weeks instead of every week. And let me tell you, that was fine by me. There were so many things that didn't happen here like in the states. For starters, my weight was never checked which is great because I don't usually gain a lot of weight, which I end up getting harassed about. Also there were a lot fewer appointments that I either didn't have to drag the kids to or find a sitter for. I also never did a glucose screening. I don't know if they just don't routinely do them here or thought I would see others signs if there was a problem. And with each of my previous pregnancies there was some minor problem that they were monitoring and with the exception of my progesterone being low in the beginning (which it has been with all of my pregnancies) there were no other problems with the baby. So over all this pregnancy has been such a more laid back experience. So this little guy needed a name. And not just any name, obviously! It needed to be a good strong E name! We liked lot's of names, Ezra, Easton, Emory, Elijah. We finally had it narrowed down to two names; Easton and Emory. We wafted back and forth from week to week about what it would be. We even took almost daily votes with the kids about which was their favorite. To no avail we still had no winner. Then there was the middle name to figure out. We liked James from the beginning. We also toyed around with lot's of other great strong male family figures names. So as I wrote in my other post Ethan Jay stole our heart and sealed the deal when he drew a picture of his new sweet baby brother and sounded out his name Easton as Esn and brought it to us. Sweet Baby Wolf #4 was already more than 8 hours old before he was gifted the name Easton James. And to make it more special is that we realized he has two name sakes. One from my Daddies brother Jimmy or James Dennis Tanner. My Daddy and him were the best of friends and so much alike. I see so much of my Daddy in him and hope that all of my children will be able to learn a little bit about my Daddy and who he was through him. My Mom's brother is also Chet James and boy my Momma could not have asked for a better right hand brother. He has done so much for Momma over the last 5 years helping out with my Dad's business and fixing ALL of the things that have decided to break down in her house (as all houses do when they are 30 years well loved!) So we could not be more pleased with our new little one's name, he has much to look up to in these two men! So another E Wolf Baby, Easton James Wolf, yep it's a winner!

0 comments:
Post a Comment