We have struggled for years with haircuts (among other things) and when I say struggled I mean down right war! He is a boy after all and needs haircuts. We first stopped going to businesses to get his haircut to apologize for his behavior and thank them by never subjecting the poor barber/hairdresser to that again. So then I found friends that cut hair and thought that maybe a more relaxed home experience would be better for him. Not so much! We kindly thanked all of them by never returning again. So that left Momma. The same Momma that said she would try her hand at anything except cutting hair. So there I was in Sally's Beauty Supply picking out clippers and hair cutting siccors. The haircutting experience was none the better but at least I felt better not subjecting others to it. Every few months, when none of us could take it any longer, we had an hour long struggle of physically holding him down while he screamed hysterically while I cut "butchered" his hair. Traumatizing for us all to say the least. Well friends, I am here to say that it is only by the grace of our sweet Lord that we might have turned a corner. Robert told him jokes and he laughed like a silly hyena throughout the haircut. It wasn't all rainbows, but only a few tears were shed and I was left in a state of shock and amazement at the end! Who knows what the next haircutting experience will be like but for now, I am grateful.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment