Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Blanket for Baby Cayden

I decided I wanted to make a baby blanket for the baby our pastor and his wife were fostering.  I had had these receiving blankets with Ethan Jay and wanted to use them somehow for something else because we had so many blankets.  I love how soft they are and love the patterns on them, elephants, stripes and polka-dots, what's not to love!  So I choose to combine them into a quilt.  I had never quilted before but there's always a first for everything!  I used some blue and green baby flannel that I had to fill in and got to work.  I started working on it when he was born and sadly enough am just finishing it up!  I would work on it one afternoon and then it would be 2 or 3 weeks before I would pick it back up again.  Poor thing is 4 months old and I am just finishing it up!  Well, I will say, I am no master quilter, but am pleased that it is finished and is in one piece!  It looks a bit worn using the receiving blankets, but I think that is part of it's beauty.  Hopefully this little one will love it just as much!



0 comments: