Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Life Lessons


Life is tough!  Especially for a 5 year old little boy!  There's so much to learn and always a little sister around to annoy you.  As always, we have a loving God to forgive us and give us strength through all the trials of life.  And boy did Ethan Jay need God's love and strength and forgiveness for this.  He was not using his guitar as intended, think bridge from the ottoman to the couch instead of a musical instrument.  And as you can see the guitar did not fare well.  Poor fella, felt terrible.  He sobbed and sobbed and when we thought it was over, he moped around all day.  When it happened, let's just say, I was a tad bit angry!  But that very quickly dissipated as I saw my little boys heart broken all over the floor and it turned into grace and mercy.  How blessed I am to have been shown this own grace and mercy by my Heavenly Father so that I can model it for my own children.  As I look back at all of the lessons that I have learned in life (and are still learning!) it was never about math or reading but issues of the heart.  These lessons are always much more tough and I am so thankful that I can be at home with these little ones and walk beside them as we reach these lessons together.

0 comments: