We decided to try and find a bit sandier beach for the kids to build a sand castle. We had heard that a beach just north of us was better so we headed up to check it out. The weather was really nice, a bit windy but still sunny.
Me hanging out with one handsome fella. That's what I call him and it is hilarious because he recognizes that name just as much as his own name. So funny what names will stick with you. Ethan Jay was always my snicker doodle, Emma Ann was my Sunshine, and Evie Kaye was my Chunky Monkey or Shuggie Buggie! Now the kids also call the baby Shuggie Buggie too! Hilarious!
Anyways, sand, surf, sun, loved it!
But it was funny, as we were walking down to the beach, Ethan Jay shouts out, wow, look at all of that mud! The beaches sure are different here!
Yes, it was definitely cool enough for him to have on a sleeper and a hat and he stayed covered up with the blanket the whole time, in June! The sun was warm, but the breeze was a bit cool.
There aren't many shells on the beach, but this one was a beauty and humongous. I know that I have found smaller one's of these in the states that I used to stick on my fingers and pretend they were my fingernails!
This little girl loved just sitting and digging in the, um, mud/sand!
She was so cute. She insisted upon laying down and eating her sandwich!
and she loved jumping in the watery mud. I love this picture of her up in the air.
This beach was pretty large so the kids enjoyed running, running, running!
And Ethan Jay wrote his name in the sand, awesome!





0 comments:
Post a Comment