Saturday, March 12, 2011
Planting Our Garden!
Growing up I loved planting a garden. We planted one every year and it produced the most amazing vegetables that we would eat all year long. Even when I went to college I had my Mom and Dad come to Charleston and help me plant a garden in my very little front yard! Each year in California I have planted a small garden but this year it was time for a family project! The whole family helped and we had a great time picking out the plants and planting them. I can't wait until we have some yummy veggies to pick. We planted some new things this year and I'm not sure how they will turn out, but we will see in a few months! Here are the things we planted: slicing tomatos, cherry tomatos, sweet banana peppers, cayene peppers, habanero peppers, corn, potatos, broccoli, asparagus, artichokes and a pumpkin! We also have some carrot seeds but I need to find a place to plant them. Here Ethan Jay is helping prepare the soil.
Ethan Jay planting one of the tomato plants.
Phew, this is hard work!
Emma Ann doing her part: Pep Squad!
The next day. All the plants are planted and inspecting our work. The plant right up front is the broccoli!
Plants need soil, sun and . . . water! Ethan Jay loves watering the plants. Here he is watering the corn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh I love it! I started my own little garden. All I have is summer squash, basil, and parsley.
They are both so stinkin cute! Love yall...miss ya!
Oh my, I just opened your blog and was so proud to share the first picture and story about baking with my friends, Teresa M and Gail T. I can't hardly wait to see you all in about a month. Love GG
Post a Comment