Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Friday, February 14, 2014

A Lovely Valentine's Day!

The English people love the word "lovely!" so I thought that I would use it too!

And we did have a lovely day, hectic, but lovely! 
We were heading out of town early the next morning to head back up to Croughton Airforce Base so I was busy getting everything packed, the house cleaned, lot's of valentine projects and we ended up having several visitors stop by!  Robert ended up working late and I had a scrumptious meal planned for him and I after the kids went to bed (shrimp and grits!) but we were still packing and running around like crazy people at 9 pm so Robert went out and got us take out fish and chips!  It ended up not really even seeming like Valentines Day but I guess that is what true love is all about, being deep in it day in and day out.  I don't remember God talking very much about flowers and candlelight dinners when he broached the subject of love, and don't get me wrong, those things are "lovely" but those are just extra's!  I was glad to have true love today in the midst of all the craziness and chaos!

You gotta start the day off right,
yummy raspberry muffins!



A dinosaur attack at breakfast, more genuine sibling love!


A crazy heart hunt all over the house!


We sang Psalm 9:1-2 "I will praise you Lord with all my heart" all day!  They even colored and decorated the verse to hang up as well.  


Ordering numbered hearts.  
Okay so Evie Kaye didn't order hers, just pasted them down!


The others ordered theirs and Ethan Jay also did one by 10's.


Sandwiches always taste better in the shape of a heart!
They're sweeter of course!


They each have a valentine mailbox with their names on them and they get to make each other valentines and always get a special valentine note from Mommy.


And a few treats as well!


One of their treats this year was a build your own candy necklace!  Too cute.  The candy was actually disgusting but they really enjoyed building them!


0 comments: