Oh how my heart aches and beams all in one beat. My sweet little Emma Ann is 3! I honestly cannot believe it and do not understand how three years have flown by. I distinctly remember holding her in my arms for the very first time. Her birth was fast and furious (only 2 1/2 hours) just like my little girl is! She cares so deeply for others and has a deep love for babies but she is also so spunky and wild spirited it is crazy! I love every inch of her and am reminded so much of how her heart is really so much like mine: Loving but oh so head strong. I feel blessed that she was gifted to us and often said when she was a baby that she was the light to our little family. She is still that light, sometimes fireworks and sometimes an explosion or a bonfire, but all the same our light. It is amazing how I can already see the amazing woman and mom she will be!
So anyways, about that sweet one's birthday party! We still had not decided an hour before her party if we were going to call the party at the park and have it at the house but we decided at the last minute and go ahead with it. It had rained off and on all day but it cleared up just in time for her party and was beautiful! The kids all had a blast and the parents enjoyed catching up!
My little girl, LOVES balloons!
So cute!
Did I mention that it was her 3rd birthday! No, that is not an optical illusion. There is a # 2 on her cupcake! All Mommy's fault! I packed the bag of her party stuff months before the party before the movers came and somehow I packed a 2 and not a three and did not know it until I pulled it out at the party! I guess I really can't face my little girl growing up!
Another fave, swinging. Even from very little she would squeal with delight the higher you pushed her. I have a picture of her at like 6 months old going cackling in the swing. One of her first words was "higher!"
These are our sweet friends from the Netherlands and Ethan Jay had a blast with them. They are moving back next summer and we can't wait to visit them on the other side of the big pond!
What a great party for a great girl!





0 comments:
Post a Comment