Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Our Little Musician!

From a very little boy Ethan Jay LOVED music.  He would stop right in the middle of a store or parking lot and start dancing away if he heard some good music.  You could tell that he couldn't help it.  It was within him and he just had to get it out.  This is interesting because he did not sing his first song until he was older than 3 years old.  He would happily listen to me sing and clap along but not a word would come from his mouth.  Once he started singing, it was amazing all of the songs he had stored away.  He had known them all along but just wansn't ready.  Just a side note, I have read the book Leo the Late Bloomer sooooo many times.  I used to read it every night to Ethan Jay, not for his sake but for this anxious Mommas sake.  You see, Leo wasn't just like all of his other friends.  They ate nicely, drew nice pictures and spoke like normal little "animals" did.  His parents kept reminding each other that Leo would be ready to do those things in HIS own good time, but each of them worried and fretted just the same.  And then one day Leo did blossom into a little tiger that ate nicely, drew nice pictures and spoke intelligibly.  I must admit that I have fretted and prayed over Ethan Jay knowing and trusting (mostly) all along that Ethan Jay would grown into the wonderful boy that God has designed him to be.  Now, like I said, just because Ethan Jay didn't utter words out of his mouth when music was around.  His whole body moved with the music, and he also loved playing music.  He has always enjoyed playing with the musical instruments that we have and of course making his own.  I'm not sure where this harmonica came from (I think it was Robert's?), but he has had it since he was very little and amazingly picked it right  up and began playing it.  He is shockingly good.  He loses it for a few months and then finds it again and is attached to it for a few weeks.  You can hear him playing it all over the house and it is amazingly such a wonderful sound.  I almost never tire of hearing it.  It is so sweet to now hear the two girls start to play their own harmonicas that they have.  Such sweet precious gifts for sure!



0 comments: