Oh my sweet sweet Ethan Jay, how I do love the! He feels things so deeply, just like his Momma. He can be so very excited about something, love something with all of his little heart, be greatly disapointed when something doesn't quite work out like he would like it to, or deeply saddened about a loss or even his wrong-doings. He is as silly as can be and as quirky a kid that I have ever meet. I see so much of me in him and I guess that is why I get frustrated so often. I see not only the goodness of myself in him, I see the sin also. I love him with every inch of my heart and feel so blessed that God entrusted him into our care. I never know what he is going to come up with, what he is going to build, what I am going to find him getting in to, what he is going to say, or how he is going to brighten my day! He is constantly growing and learning and his speech has improved tremendously. What a blessing and light in our life he is!
He was oh so proud of his very pretty artwork that he did with these "stickers". Even when I was trying to peel them apart before they got too stuck together he was upset that I was messing it up. After we had a little talk and I explained what they were, he was very upset at his mistake and helped me stick them on.
The empty wrapper.
Our little drummer boy!
Instructions for making:
One very inginuitive little boy.
A Curious George episode.
A Tupperware bowl.
A rubberband.
An old belt.
Two Straws.
Ta Da, You have a little drummer boy!
Pretty awesome!
I'm just going to start by saying that we don't own a single gun in our home, real or fake. Ethan Jay has never really been around a gun or watches shows where they have weapons. But somehow this boy knows all about a gun. Robert says that it is ingrained in a little boy, I don't know. But this is his latest edition that he constructed out of his robot pieces. Pretty realistic, huh!?!?
There are so many times when discipline is clearly needed, but I am also astounded at what has happened. I mean that he was able to engineer this without me knowing is a pretty good start. I didn't realize that fingernail polish was such a good glue, but the whole thing had to be trashed. I thought it was pretty amazing! Where did he come up with this?
And I wonder why things like this happen.
I had checked on this pot 3 times to see why it was not boiling.
After about burning myself all 3 times I finally realized that I had the wrong burner on!
I might need a nap! Maybe in another 18 years!

0 comments:
Post a Comment