Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Love and Blessings From Our Family to Yours

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Road Trip!

There were so many trips that we wanted to take this summer and we felt the perfect way to fit them all in was one big long road trip. We would first go to Robert's sister's house in Portola Ca, up in Northern California for a few days. We would then spend a few days in San Francisco and our last stop would be a few days at Yosemite National Park.

We left our house Thursday night, June 9th around 9 pm. It was supposed to take us about 10 hours of driving but with stops, a little longer to get to Terry and Jerry's hosue. So we started off and Robert insisted I go to sleep right away as to be able to releave him in a few hours. So I reviewed the directions with him and attempted to go to sleep. Well the little one's kept waking up and then in turn waking each other up. So around 12:30 am I awoke to very bright lights. I was like oh, Prim Nevada (right outside of Las Vegas). "Honey, WHY ARE WE IN PRIM!?!?" He had forgotten to get off of I-10, oh about 2 hours back! Anyways no pictures of Prim or Vegas because well I was fuming! Anyways after our slight detour, we made it to Terry and Jerrry's mid-morning with no other "bumps" in the road! Here we are at a beautiful lake the next morning (still not there yet!) It was so beautiful and peaceful there. The kids loved the oportunity to get out of the car for a few minutes!




We stopped for breakfast and a nice leg strech at Black Bear Diner only about 1 1/2 hours from their house. Great to be able to freshen up and get some yummy food!







1 comments:

rita and andy said...

Smiles...love the two hour missed turn... :0)Would have loved some pics of your face and the Vegas lights!!