9:18 am
8 lbs. 2 oz., 19 3/4 inches long
So the day finally arrived! We had all been anticipating this for some time, especially me who had been having early labor off and on for weeks. So Sunday morning when Ethan Jay woke us up around 4:45 to go to the bathroom, my contractions began. I had a few while we were up and they were strong enough to know that these were it. I however did not want to tell Robert yet and get excited and it not really be it. So I took my cell phone to bed and timed them for a few minutes. They were about 5-6 minutes apart and after awhile I asked Robert to go run me a bath. He of course was a little perplexed as to why I would need a bath at 5:15 am. So after filling him in I got in the tub and labored until about 7 am. Luckily my Mom was here for the weekend and was able to stay with Ethan Jay and Emma Ann as we headed to the hospital. We had also called my Aunt JoAnn around 6:15 who lives about 2 hours away to come as well. So we arrive at the hospital and the baby was monitored for a few minutes and I was checked out in Triage. I was told that I was only 3-4 centimeters dilated which was a bit shocking to me seeing that I was 3 centimeters a week prior. The nurse told me to go walk for a few hours and see how that helped me progress and then they would check me again to see if they would admit me. So in my usual composed laboring fashion, I informed her that we would be having a baby well before then, okay! So she sent us on our way and with in about 20 minutes we were back at her desk to let her know it was definitely time to be admitted. So she checked me again and said that I was now 7 centimeters and we got up and walked down the hall to Labor and Delivery. I had one contraction in the room before I even got into the bed and informed everyone that it was indeed time to have the baby. So I got up into bed was checked again and was 9+ centimeters with just a little rim of cervix left and we started pushing. Meanwhile the doctors and nurses are trying to start an IV and have Robert fill out paperwork, so I yet again have to use my nicest laboring mommy voice and let them know that that could all be done at a later time. So about that time it is announced that the "patients mother" is outside the door. So my Mom came in and after a few pushes little Evie Kaye had made her arrival! What a special blessing and treat to have my Mom their to experience that with Robert and I. I must say this labor was a little more difficult and longer than with Emma Ann's but as all mothers know, so very well worth it!
It must be one very special moment for me to share these pictures with everyone. I look terrible! But that little bundle brightens up the picture for sure!
She kept pulling her hat down over her face, repeatedly! Hilarious!
All snug as a bug! So very cute!
Getting ready to come home from the hospital! She is wearing the same outfit that Emma Ann wore home. My Momma smocked the dress, bonnet and booties.
Another picture of me looking lovely! Somehow I forgot to pack shampoo and conditioner and the one that the hospital provided was hand soap, body wash and shampoo in one. It reeked havoc on my hair and was an extremely hot mess! So glad to be taking our little one home! Looks like she's ready too with her tongue stuck out again!

2 comments:
you have a beautiful family girly! so happy for you and robert!!! i hope we get to catch up soon. much love!
I loved reading the story. I had to laugh because we have heard this before... these nurses just don't know how quick you work! :) I am so glad Evie is here. I can't wait to meet her. Plan for a visit soon! Love you all.
Post a Comment